View Single Post
Old July 19, 2010, 09:05 PM   #67
THORN74

jhenry...... yes i have read the 2nd amendment
Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
as well as the Declaration, constitution, bill of rights and the remaining 11-27th amendments in their entirety. I exercise my rights (the 2nd especially) every day. I also hold my elected repesentitves to the yardstick that is our constituion every time i vote. Unfortunately, in this great system of ours, it is always the the govenment officials i DONT have a say in electing that seem to want to take away my rights. I dont live in the city limits of chicago, just a nearby suburb, so i cant vote for Daley's opposition to roust him out of office. on the plus side he also cant take away my precious rights either.

back to the topic, WE as law abiding citizens should have too much of a beef with appropriate regulation. That was after all the point of McDonald and the ruling handed down. Out right bans are unconstitutional, but reasonable restrictions/regulations are nessicary to prosicute criminals (notice i didnt say to keep guns away from criminals, as why would a criminal obey the law??).
Springfield Armory Inc. M1A Scout 7.62X51mm NATO -- Kar 98AZ (1917 Erfurt) 8mm Mauser -- Marlin Model 60 Glenfield .22LR -- Marlin 795 .22LR -- Marlin 915y .22LR -- AR15 5.56x45mm NATO -- Springfield Armory M1 Garand 30-06

Page generated in 0.03303 seconds with 8 queries