View Single Post
Old February 12, 2013, 05:01 PM   #54
Netto

Winchester73, I have some thoughts about what you wrote:

"Think about other things which are to some the best in their field: Mercedes, Rolex, high end shotguns such as Perazzi, Randall knives, and the list goes on. What do all of these things have in common? High end, expensive, and STILL IN PRODUCTION. These companies and products lived up to their hype / rep, and so their companies still can profit from manufacturing the said item. I don't mind if you like your Python, but I take exception to false claims based on inexperience or misunderstandings. Afterall, the myth became strong partly due to people repeating claims such as yours, which have very little evidence to back them up."

Except for Perazzi, all brands mentioned by you were forced by the market to outsource part of their production components, to remain competitive in the market. An example of this is the Randall, which is made by a team of craftsmen, and not by Bo Randall. These knives are not considered authentic Randall knives for collectors.

"Thats just a wives tale, an internet based excuse, and a farce to say the least. If the gun was the best available, the customers at the time would have agreed with you. You are basically saying that while the Python was in production, no one knew how great it was, and then, like finding a fossil in the earth, we "discovered" after the extinction, that they were the greatest. A lot of logical holes there, wouldn't you say?"

Colts Pythons have always had a higher cost than its direct competitors. And as the average American citizen is based on cost benefit, the products of competition were more attractive.

"I think you are forgetting about all of the people who disliked the colt stacking trigger, which goes back to the secrets behind the Python myth. With the amount of different S&W models, the model 17, 14 and 27 and even the 52 were well represented. Some people shot Pythons better, and some shot Smiths better".

This is not a personal opinion, that is a fact, which is supported by the results of the Olympics from the beginning of the century. In the overwhelming majority of competitions governed by former UIT, the Colt revolvers were winners.

"If I'm blind to this issue, then you sure have a lot more explaining to do, to say the least. Repeating Uncle Billy, or something someone posted on a forum about a Python their cousin had doesn't add anything to the thread."
"Did you ever notice it sure seems like many people who criticize the Colt Python are people who own many revolvers, and who are usually well experienced with revolvers. In contrast, many people who say the Python is the top own a glock and remington 870, and have no experience with S&W, Dan Wesson, etc. Is that a coincidence?"

You adopt the same strategy of cultural Marxism: looking disqualify the person instead of presenting counterarguments. Do not worry, I've left the childhood a long time. Besides Police, I'm a collector of firearms in Brazil, taking my collection more than 150 firearms, including more than 40 revolvers. I am also a hunter, going once year hunting in Africa.

"Here is a thread on the Colt forum about the Python. Many Colt fans seem to agree it doesn't live up to its hype. So think about it, even Colt collectors see a disconnect between a Python and its rep. Even on the colt forum, the Python was criticized. Does that register to anyone?"

There are two errors presented in this discussion: first, to compare products from different epochs - before and after World War II - where the concepts of consumption followed a different light; The second, most collectors in this discussion is certainly composed of middle-aged people, so it is natural to consider their products as superior.

Netto

Last edited by Netto; February 12, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.03182 seconds with 8 queries