View Single Post
Old February 28, 1999, 11:05 AM   #28
Harry Humphries
Staff Alumnus

Hey Buzz, Jeff, et.al.

For Buz,

My life has been dedicated to teaching that which is practical with respect to combat survival, especially in the LE community, I too share your interest in making sure the good guys are informed.

Your choice of 12 shot mag is perfectly correct if you or your agency has focused on the scatter gun aspect of the shot gun. Most agencies, however, are plagued with the dreadful aspects of collateral damage, law suits, etc. therefore a compromise thinking of maximum shoulder fire capability, with reasonable shot control if the inadvertent 25 yd shot must be taken in an urban environment. It is a fine point- for sure. Stay safe.

By the way, I was advising on the script of "The Peace Makers" when I recommended the title - guess where I came up with it.

For Jeff,

Stay tuned you are on one heck of a good site if it is professional opinions you are seeking.

Many officers do pay for their own training and equipment, where allowed. The problem with weapon skills, however, is that they are highly perishable and must be maintained regularly. An agency sponsored training program:
• assures control of the skills being taught so all players are on the same sheet of music, if you will.
• assures recalcitrant officers stay up to speed, much to the pleasure of the guys in the cars with them.
• is the moral obligation of those that send men and women into harms way.

HH

Page generated in 0.03776 seconds with 8 queries