View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 10:16 AM   #10
FuzzyWuzzy

Westchster County has it's own licensing process unlike NYC

I too am in the process of moving to Westchester County and am interested in obtaining a carry permit for the purposes of target shooting at an NRA certified range. You need to obtain the proper forms from the Westchester County Clerk, located in White Plains, or from their website (Google Search will help you find it) and fill it out with a small fee and mail it to them. If you're squeaky clean and don't have any convictions or felonies, I see no reason why they'd deny you a pistol permit. They will call you in for an interview asking you to justify your desire to possess a handgun (as if the 2nd amendment isn't self explanatory but I am preaching to the choir here), but this is NY we're dealing with and according to the liberal who run this state, guns are evil possessed objects that magically wake up one day and go on shooting sprees. (note extreme sarcasm ). The biggest challenge I find in the license application process is finding those 4 references to vouch for your good moral character who are NOT anti-gun, like the ones who helped to pass the unconstitutional NY SAFE Act, to sign off on the form.

Last edited by Evan Thomas; June 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: political invective.

Page generated in 0.02398 seconds with 8 queries