View Single Post
Old May 31, 2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Archie

Humpf!

Frangible ammunition have bullets designed to fragment on impact to prevent ricochets. The bullets are typically brass shavings with a binder of epoxy. That does not strike me as particularly erosive to a modern firearm barrel. I suppose the epoxy might have some 'grit', but I find it curious a manufacturer would intentionally design a product of this type to damage a firearm.

Health issues with 'dust' of frangible bullet dust? I suppose that's possible; breathing dirt in air suspension isn't all that good, either. The lead in air suspension is fairly hazardous as well.

'Green' ammunition will cause damage to the breech face and firing pin of a Glock pistol? I understand one must NOT use lead bullets in Glock pistols as well. Since I have used lead bullets in all sorts of firearms for more years than I care to remember (let alone mention), I consider ANY firearm which is unsuited for lead bullet use to be inferior in design.

I've shot frangible ammunition through several of my handguns. In rather limited quantities, I admit. No discernible wear or problems, but I don't shoot a Glock.

One employs frangible ammunition only in those instances where damage to targets, back stop or whatever might be caused by regular ammunition. Confine your usage to those occasions and all should be well.

Check out updated journal at http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Page generated in 0.02496 seconds with 8 queries