View Single Post
Old August 17, 2013, 11:53 AM   #34
TennJed

Bubbas VS Purists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
the sks isnt a relic by a wide margin. Sure its military surplus, millions have been made in every communist country with metal working implements. but it doesnt have the pizazz or elegance of a korean war or earlier military weapon.

you cant pick one up, read the markings on it and say "hey made in 1942, used by someone in the big red one, and this marking here designates it was carried by someone who was half frozen to death during the buldge".

at best you get "hmm peoples army of china, what fun". at worst "hmmm carried by charlie, used on american gis"
No where did I claim for it to be a relic (although this exact topic is big in the ska world) but you missed the whole point of my post

If you are a purist then you better be a purist about every gun. The Pocket guns coming off the assembly line today may be to relics in future generations. I have seen too many "history buffs" that act like history stopped at some point. History is still happening. If you are against altering a Mosin you need to be against altering a Ruger 10/22.

For me, it is your gun. Guns should be enjoyed. Do what you want

Page generated in 0.02324 seconds with 8 queries