View Single Post
Old May 10, 2010, 02:02 PM   #7
Tom Servo
Staff

There is a transcript of her testimony during her confirmation hearings for Solicitor General here (long pdf, starts at p. 304).

Quote:
If I am confirmed, I will commit to show Heller and the principles articulated in it the full measure of respect that is due to all constitutional decisions of the Court. Only highly unusual circumstances can justify the Solicitor General’s office in asking the Court to reconsider a decision, especially one as thoroughly considered as Heller. Once again, there is no question, after Heller, that the Second Amendment guarantees individuals the right to keep and bear arms and that this right, like others in the Constitution, provides strong although not unlimited protection against governmental regulation. (pp. 318-319)
Ilya Somin has a good post on her views, and her ability to accept alternate interpretations, at Volokh. Rick Pildes thinks she would have likely voted with the majority in Citizens United.

I still find it interesting that she did not file a brief for McDonald, and I wonder if that's because of some political friction with the administration.

Page generated in 0.01981 seconds with 8 queries