View Single Post
Old June 27, 2009, 12:05 PM   #21
Shawn Thompson

Quote:
I think there's a difference here, in that the off-duty cop was chasing a fleeing goblin, something I have no intention of doing. Because he was chasing, he was part of a whole net of cops closing in on the goblin, and that's why target ID became a huge issue.
As I understand it, the off duty officer originally "caught" this guy on his own property and began chace. He did not "radio it in". It is also my understanding that this lack of knowledge of the incident by other law enforcement officials is what got the off duty officer killed. He was seen "chacing another man with a gun". The officer on duty that shot and killed him acted on what he saw, which again was a man chacing another with a gun.

I do apaologize if more information has been released after further investigation since I last read up on it. But that is not my point. My point is that if you are seen running from an area where gunfire was just heard, gun in hand, it could very well leave the wrong impression with witnesses, law enforcement, or even other CCW's who might be inclined (right or wrong) to get involved. This could ultimately put you in a position to appear as the bad guy.

Page generated in 0.02812 seconds with 8 queries