View Single Post
Old December 17, 2011, 09:28 AM   #16
the only sarge

I live out in the country along the Guadalupe River in South Texas. I would run out of toes and fingers counting the A) Drunks floating the river who decide my barn is a good place to "camp".....B) illegals crossing my land heading to who knows where C) Thief's looking for tools/tractors/calf's.

We have house dogs. These are dogs who sit in Mama's lap. We have deadly pasture/barn dogs who I am scared of. Canopener is one of these ferocious dogs. He is half wolf half Husky somebody dropped out here when he was a puppy. Lots of people dump dogs/cats out in the country. His name is derived from him getting up in the bed of the truck and opening beer with his teeth.
Canopener is ferociously territorial and allows only me around the barn or in the pasture.

Anyway....when the Canopener alarm goes off he has somebody or something. I go out with a AK....usually I will find a racoon in the barn in the feed.....but often I find some terrified drunk or Mexican illegal in the feed loft with a big wet spot in their britches.

On two occasions they thought it would be a good idea to charge at me. It wasn't a good idea.

So yes I get up and check when I hear something.

Sorry to ramble here....I must say this though. I have one blinding 200'ish lumen light on the rail of my AK. Having a blinding light is the best tool to disable a threat. They lose their vision and freeze when I hit it. They have no idea what you have brought with you. While they are frozen I assure them I am armed and will kill them (in English and Spanish).

I have no desire to ever shoot anybody. When I was left with no choice it was a really lousy experience. Emotionally, spiritually and legally.

Even when you are absolutely in the right and within all the laws. You will go to the Grand Jury. You will have to hire lawyers. Your home and land will be invaded by law enforcement. Most patting you on the back saying you were right....but nevertheless your home is a crime scene.

My bottom line is to respond with a weapon I know how to use....from there ,if challenged, I will do everything in my power to get the threat to run away then call the cops.

Page generated in 0.02049 seconds with 8 queries