View Single Post
Old October 26, 2013, 05:03 AM   #32
dahermit

Quote:
Am curious what you consider the disadvantage to be (when shooting SA)?
I have a tendency to look at things as to how there are capable of being used optimally. For instance, a skilled Cowboy Action shooter can fire his single-action rapidly and accurately because he takes advantage of the grip rolling up into his hand, under his thumb. Given the hump on a double-action, that will not happen. However, if a person with a double-action just slow-fires his gun in single-action mode, the hump then would not be any great hindrance. My mind-set is, if I am going to do something (like shoot single-action), I want to become really good at it. Unless someone (like yourself, with your question), suggests someone elses way of thinking, it generally does not occur to me.

As for non-sporting uses of double-actions (self-defense), I cannot imagine any realistic use of single-action shooting using a double-action revolver and have removed or purchased guns without hammer spurs. I have never heard a logical, realistic rationale for using a D.A. in S.A. in a self-defense situation.

Page generated in 0.03889 seconds with 8 queries