View Single Post
Old August 19, 2012, 09:31 PM   #1
Nate Shult

Browning Gold chamber pressure issues

Alright guys I need some expert advice if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I recently traded my shotgun in for a used Browning Gold. I got out shooting today and I shot some trap loads through it. The only 2 trap loads I fired the brass separated entirely from the hull. The gun ejected the brass and the hull made it about a third to halfway up the barrel before it got stuck. I then shot a couple 3 inch steel loads to see if they would have better luck. They cycled fine and I fired 4 shots before I grabbed a hull to look it over. The entire bottom of the brass had domed out quite a ways. I have never seen anything like that but I knew right away it was an extreme pressure issue. We tried one of the loads in my buddies gun because they were a year old and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything to do with the shells. They shot fine out of his with no pressure issues. Has anyone had this issue with a shotgun or know what could be the cause of the problem? Or could anyone tell me what I might do to get this fixed? Goose season is 2 weeks away and I'd like to get it fixed before then if I can but I can borrow my dad's gun until October when pheasant season starts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Page generated in 0.03762 seconds with 8 queries