View Single Post
Old July 24, 2011, 08:16 AM   #14
rodfac

Gotta say that that 3" barrel length is one of the most useful trade offs you can make...utility and function vs. concealability. My wife's M-36, 3" barrel with its adjustable sights, has served us well since '75, if memory serves. We've both carried it extensively, and have never found it any more difficult to conceal than her shorter M-637. Were I you, padnuh, I'd keep that beautifully designed five shooter...and no lock...what's not to like. I predict that you'll regret the trade.

Rodfac

BTW: I've chrono'd both the 1-7/8" barrel on her 637 vs. the 3" on the M-36 and found a 75 fps difference on average in .38 Special. Can't say what it'd be in .357 but that gives you some idea of speed.....

BTW2: For the pocket carry...get a good pocket liner type holster, and learn to draw by keeping your thumb over the hammer...depending on how tight my pants are, I have no problem. You're gonna give up those oh so useful adj. sights and barrel length, for one of those soulless pocket monstrosities. LOL Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.

Page generated in 0.03410 seconds with 8 queries