View Single Post
Old September 30, 2005, 12:35 PM   #30
Garand Illusion

A quick car search is really just for bombs, though if they've been told to I'm sure they would react to a gun if they found it.

I mean ... if you allow someone in with a car, with all the nooks and crannys and things that could be easily disassembled and hold a small pistol, there's no way you're really screening for weapons. I mean, you've have to strip a car apart piece by piece and spend hours going over it to get even 50% comfortable there was no gun hidden within. And then you'd have to run the driver through a metal detector right there.

From my experience most security is always to catch either really stupid BG's or honest citizens who didn't understand/forgot about something. i.e. they always make a big deal out of searching my car before I go on a military base, but it's not like they pull off the door panels or lift the rug in the trunk or check the spare tire space etc. Getting a gun past them would be no problem.

Or I could just bust in the head of the guy doing the search with a tire iron (they are always private security these days) and take his gun. Though of course this would reveal my intentions to the MP's patrolling within.

Page generated in 0.03423 seconds with 8 queries