View Single Post
Old July 12, 2013, 02:04 PM   #20
Smokey247

I am new to this thread and work in law enforcement. I carry a G22 as a duty weapon (15+1) and G26 fo a back-up (10+1). I have never had problems with either of them jamming or FTE on me when firing. I have tried racking the slide with them fully loaded, just curiously checking the function one day, and sometimes the round would eject and sometimes not, the slide will only go back about an inch. Needless to say, this worried me since I might have to use deadly force at any given moment and I went to my sergenat, who is a sniper on the swat team (he knows about guns wayy better that I). He said it was normal, ejected rounds out of my gun, and told me to stop being paranoid. Which I did. Until I later tried ejecting rounds again and the top live round would not eject so I went to a fellow officer on my shift, who is a Glock armoror and he said it was a little tight (racking the slide fully loaded) but said it appeared normal and nothing looked wrong with my gun. By this time, the slug (my chambered round) was falling out of the shell casing from checking it so much (I guess you can call it OCD, since I had bandaids on both hands at this point from reloading the top round of my magazine after excessively checking the ejection capabilities). When i went to our firearms instructor to get new duty ammo, who is also an armoror, we walked to the range and he pulled the slide back about an inch, to where it stuck and would not go back anymore, and said that was how much I needed to pull it back to press check it, that the blast from the gun going off is so forceful and violent that a FTE was something I need not worry about, although ejection would not always happen when i manually tried ejecting the chambered round with the gun fully loaded. He then fired 5 shots down range without any problem, gave me my ammo, and I was releived. Until my OCD got the best of me again and I took an off duty trip to the range and fully loaded my gun (+1) and manually racked the slide. Sometimes the top round would eject, sometimes not but it never failed to fire or eject after firing.

I hope this helps clear some things up. Bottom line is we all want our guns to work properly if/when we need to do the inevitable. I hope this can provide some reassurance to whoever is experiencing the same.

Page generated in 0.03530 seconds with 8 queries