View Single Post
Old July 9, 2013, 02:11 PM   #5
Ruger45LC

Well I've owned several G27's as well as a PM and CM9, PM and CM40 as well as several LCPs. I really like the CM series, and feel they're just as good as the PM series of Kahrs.

I've shot the G27 and CM40 back to back. Because the 27 is heavier and wider, it does recoil less than the CM40. With that said, I currently rotate a CM40 and an LCP for pocket carry.

While the recoil of the CM40 is more than the Glock 27, it's not unmanageable. But I noticed something interesting since I was going back and forth as to whether to keep the 27 and try to pocket carry it, or to keep the much more pocketable CM40. I ran some factory rounds through the Chronograph, both the 27 and the CM40 and every single time the CM40 posted higher velocity.

Seems odd because it's a shorter barrel, but it's true. I would guess that the Kahr's different rate of twist, better supported barrel (CM40 barrel is extremely well supported) and conventional style rifling helped out.

Most factory 165's hover around 1100 fps from the CM40 and to give you an example of the CM40 being faster, Speer 180gr Gold Dots averaged around 945 fps from the G27 yet averaged 990 fps from the Kahr. I ran some 135gr JHP Triton ammo and in this case the CM40 averaged about 30 fps faster.

I really dig the little CM40. It jumps more than a PM9/CM9 but it's not unpleasant and it's very very accurate too.

Page generated in 0.03501 seconds with 8 queries