View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 09:59 AM   #35
Kochman

I'll elaborate, because my implication was missed...
Quote:
If you think that want and need are "typically interchangeable," I'll reccommend Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 11th Edition. You can pick it up at Amazon.

Not only are they not interchangeable concepts, lack of "need" is at best a questionable reason on which to base a law.
"Want" and "Need" are typically interchangeable... to people who argue ridiculous points like they are protecting people around them out of the goodness of their hearts while claiming to "need" a suppressor, when really it comes down to just wanting it.
People around you at a shooting environment are responsible for taking steps to help their own hearing... via earplugs, etc. You aren't suprised when you are in a sustained firing environment where the decibels are loud enough and near enough to damage you, you have to go there AND stay there consciously.

Now that we've established there is no genuine NEED for a suppressor, but it's actually just a want...
Again, if I want a nuclear briefcase, is that enough? Assuming I have the $$$ for it...

Since you guys are apparently free to make ridiculous arguments about "needing" suppressors, I will fight fire with fire and use gross exaggeration to examine the absurdity of how "wanting" something isn't enough to get it.
Just ask the Rolling Stones!

Page generated in 0.02671 seconds with 8 queries