View Single Post
Old January 15, 2012, 08:28 PM   #1
JGC

Big Game Rifle/Load

Hi and thanks for taking the time,
i am currently putting together a SPS 300 win mag in AICS Chassis for a solid all around minimum rifle setup topped with my SS10x scope/Extreme rings, cantilever, kestrel. My purpose is to reach 600 yards effectively for hunting purposes but will opt to stay inside of 400 for obvious reasons..weather..variables..etc.
Purpose: Hunting 300lb+Pigs(boar/hog/russian boar) *Trophy's
Eventually Elk up north and maybe the occassional Bear if legal and iam not looking to make it a habit but want enough gun.
I have a box of winchester supreme 180gr cxp3 which i plan on trying out but i want to reload,
chose the 300wm because i wanted enough penetration and power especially on these big pigs that like to charge (only going for the big ones i have an ar for the small ones).
Going to collect data based on loads and the Berger 230's seem promissing with a bc 711, however i know there is a difference in bullets when hunting animals who arent so fragile..
i want something that will penetrate that big boar/bear shoulder and deliver that punch but hold up as well and expand appropriately,
been looking into hornadys Amax's 178's,208's, and bergers 210-230gr,
Please feel free to share and educated with your knowledge iam all ears!
And if you dont mind posting pics of your big game/dangerous game rifle/setup as bonus. iam a picture guy
I would really appreciate it and thanks for your help.

Page generated in 0.03965 seconds with 8 queries