View Single Post
Old March 24, 2009, 11:09 AM   #9
flippycat

Being originally from upstate NY , I feel a bond to it still.

Though seems to me with NYS Troopers facing huge budget cutbacks I do not see how they can justify putting even more on top of an already maxed agency to enforce.

Not to mention the "green factor" in the case which may also be another front to rally support from. The needless driving to and fro to drop off and pick up these firearms from the agency's to inspect.

Lets just say 500,000 owners on average need to drive 5 miles to drop off their firearms and 5 miles to pick them up that would be 10 total miles.

AT the best case scenario EVERYONE is getting 20 miles to the gallon.

It would take 1/2 gallon to do this back and forth trip.

That is 250,000 gallons of natural resources to never be recovered again.
Not to mention the impact of exhaust emissions on an already delicate ecosystem in upstate ny.

I know it is not the best front, but it may help to try to rally support from the go green groups in regards to this.

And these were numbers I pulled out of the air and in my opinion are very low in regards to how many it would actually effect in NY. And being familiar with that area I can pretty well rest assured that it is more then 5 miles in many cases to find a trooper base unless you live near the thruway.

I feel my numbers are very low in regards to what it actually could be. And I find that 250,000 gallons of fuel dedicated to over control is unacceptable. If you could combine that with the other valid fronts, I feel you could rally the support to defeat or overturn these bills.
And this does not even include the fuel and resources used to deliver this extra to the refilling stations.

And actually sitting here and thinking about it, a very scary presentation could be brought about using the "green" front. Give them a taste of their own medicine with pictures of dead animals effected by the impact of emission, land destroyed by refining. The possibility's are endless. Even down to the amount of forest lost to produce the paper trail this will warrant and ITS effect on the eco system. Pictures included. Who can argue with that without looking like they do not care about the environment?

I mean Obama does want to find alternative fuels and lobby's for it to save our precious resource, I wonder how he would feel if he knew how much of our precious resource was going to be wasted on this bill over time? Using his own his own words could easily back this up.

You could also then in turn use this to address ALL drivers in NY as this increase in demand will have an impact on fuel costs for ALL drivers (even if it is minimal) and over time give them the whopping figure for a lifetime living in NY what it would cost them ... SHOCK and AWE. Go after the youth in this as certain partys did to win election. Struggling college kids barely able to put gas in their tanks and teens working after school could face this increase in gas price if this bill passes. Low to middle income familys who do not even own a firearm and barely able to put food on the table and keep up with mortgage rent payments would now face this increase , even though it does not effect them. VOTE NO today

I find you need to make a case that will effect EVERYONE or it will be hard to rally support from those it does not effect.

I know my front mentioned does not address the issues directly and really only the impacts of it but the NRA already has that argument covered and using the argument that those bans have no impact on crime control. :P I think though you have to start playing to the heart strings or making an issue effect everyone to get the support needed.

Last edited by flippycat; March 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.02714 seconds with 8 queries