View Single Post
Old September 20, 2012, 08:09 PM   #21
Edward429451

Quote:
kill or be killed situations get crazy really fast. It just seems to me that shooting somebody who is hiding behind cover probably isn't always the best idea.
Of course it's not a good idea, but you're not in the best circumstance and in a life and death struggle. Do you want to live? Want your family to live? We can assume an intruder in the house here. If chess has taught me anything, it's that being aggressive is what wins. The best defense is a good offense. To turn the tables on an intruder and carry the fight to him (through the wall) is my job at the moment. To give him something else to think about beside me and my family. If he took cover, he's prolly armed and ready to fight. If he wants to live, let him turn and run out of the house (or not break in in the 1st place) instead of taking cover.

If he's inside the house, he's already demonstrated violence to gain entry. It's reasonable to assume he will continue to be violent if allowed to gain control of household members. That he takes cover makes it probable that he is willing to fight. All bets are off at this point until the threat is neutralized.

Your comment about being a super hero or whatever shows you have quite the imagination. I wont touch that one because I don't think like that.

Page generated in 0.03153 seconds with 8 queries