View Single Post
Old March 17, 2013, 12:15 PM   #20
jtmckinney

My primary home defence firearm has a decocker, S&W 4003. I was un-comfortable with it at first but after studying the design and much testing by me I am now comfortable with it. There are two systems in this firearm that blocks the firing pin, one on the hammer and the other in the firing pin mechanism. That how I have found ammo it likes including my reloads has added to my confidence in this firearm.

I also think of the decocker as a safety and use it as such. I like the decocker for a firearm my wife may have to use if I am not there. That I can keep it loaded with one in the chamber and the safety engaged is something I like. If my wife had to defend herself I do not want her to have to rack the slide before she uses the firearm. This gun replaced a Glock that was in that role that I did not feel comfortable having one in the chamber.

My 2 cents. Have a great day!
James
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; When I am stronger than you, I take away your freedoms because that is according to my principles. Frank Herbert "Children of Dune"

Page generated in 0.03007 seconds with 8 queries