View Single Post
Old November 21, 2013, 10:53 AM   #22
southjk

Guns.com has a review of the DoubleTap on their website. The only function problems he had were light primer strikes only on one brand of ammo. He also talks about the pain of shooting it and the lack of accuracy which he attributes to the fear of the pain to come.

Quote:
Everything you may have read about the brutal recoil from the DoubleTap is true. It hurts. I put 50 rounds of .45 ACP through this gun and I’m in pain. The web of muscle between my thumb and pointer finger on my right hand is sore. The metacarpal in my thumb feels bruised. I’m not going to try to sugar coat it. The pain is sharp and intense. If you’ve shot a .44 magnum (especially one with wooden grips) you understand recoil. The DoubleTap is more painful.
Quote:
The biggest impediment to accuracy, in my opinion, isn’t the barrel or the trigger. It is fear. Shooting the DoubleTap isn’t pleasant. I think I’ve hammered that home enough. I spend a lot of time behind the trigger, but the anticipation of the stabbing pain can still psyche me out. After six shots, my hand was fatigued. But the sloppy shot placement was all me — a direct result of my knowledge of what was to come.
To sum up:

Quote:
But I’m a sucker for punishment. And I’m going to learn how to shoot this thing. My overall assessment of it at this very early stage is entirely positive. It has some peculiarities and is going to take some getting used to, but I’m going to stick with it. I’ve yet to see another large caliber handgun that is as easily concealed. That, above all else, is the promise of the DoubleTap, and makes it worth working with.

Page generated in 0.02373 seconds with 8 queries