Thread: Shipping Costs
View Single Post
Old October 17, 2013, 10:50 AM   #6
Sevens

This comes up a lot.

NON-FFL people like most of us are not allowed to ship handguns via USPS, but FFL's are allowed to do this. With USPS Flat-Rate Priority, shipping a handgun is like a $12 affair (not including insurance) for an FFL to do.

Regular joe? Only options are UPS or FedEx, both of which require air service for shipping handguns. This makes it a $50-ish minimum, and upwards depending on the destination and service level, and where you go to ship it.

It's not illegal to ship thru UPS or FedEx at their cheapest ground rate, but they won't accept it -IF- they know what it is, and if you lose it or it gets damaged, you'll never get them to pay a claim if you broke their rules when shipping it.

Best option for regular joe to ship a handgun to is visit an FFL who offers this service. My FFL (awesome folks, PM me if you are in Central Ohio) provides this service for ~ $35, IIRC. That includes the FFL handling all the packaging of the item and the insurance.

Page generated in 0.02572 seconds with 8 queries