Thread: 495 A-Square
View Single Post
Old November 22, 2007, 10:55 PM   #4
Harry Bonar

495 A-Square

Guys:
After Doc gets it stocked (He's in Florida now) we'll be glad to - He says He's going with circassian but I told him to used straight grained walnut!!
He'll use steel bed on it too.
I'm telling you men, these big boys do not hit you like a 378 Weatherby! It's more like a big dog jumping on you - the same with the 416 Taylor, the 9.3X62 and 9.3X64 - these German calibers belong to the medium velocity high penetration group and are very nice to shoot!
The 9.3X62 is more popular - it can be built on a 98 Mauser with no modification for feeding - the 9.3X64 just takes a small modification to the bolt-face and rails.
Yea! cases are expensive but you can reload numerous times. In Alaska the 9.3X62 is becomming popular. They are very modern case designs even though 100 years old - but then, other than Hitler and his buddies, the Germans were smart gun men!
The 9.3X64 is equivalent to the 375 H&H ballistically but with MUCH less recoil - I love then - mine has a set of double-lever set triggers on it.
Have a good Thanksgiving - don't we have much to be thankful for in our country? (if we could vote out the gun hating politicians)
Harry B.-- I get physically sick at my stomach with them!!!

Page generated in 0.03751 seconds with 8 queries