View Single Post
Old January 27, 2010, 09:31 AM   #23
B18C5-EH2

My first post here - stumbled across this topic when Google image searching for a comparison pic of a Kahr PM9 vs. PM45.

I own two pistols, and both are of the small, conceal/carry variety. Both were killer deals so that did influence my decision somewhat.

I bought a Glock 39 this time last year. It is the popular "baby" Glock frame chambered in .45 GAP. Some people have an aversion to the .45 GAP round itself mainly because it's not mainstream, and you can't just walk into Wal-Mart and buy some. I've come across ridiculous deals on ammo BECAUSE it's not mainstream like 9mm luger, .45 ACP, or .40 S&W. I got a box of 200gr Speer Gold dot, 250 rounds for just $79.00 at a local GA outdoor supplier.

Anyway the "baby" Glock frame is pretty small. I have carried it now for a year in a holster that can be worn on the hip (with a jacket) or ISWB and for the most part it's comfortable.

Here's a pic of the Glock 39 in my hand - it has a Pearce Grip +1 pinky extension, so keep that in mind. Otherwise the magazine sits flush and only accommodates the middle and ring fingers for grip:

So fast forward to this year, last week, and my wife and I were shopping for a conceal/carry pistol for her. Smallest, lightest, pistol possible chambered in at least 9mm luger were our specifications.

After much research it came down to the Kel-Tec PF-9 and the Kahr Arms PM9. She handled both and liked the feel of the Kahr more (I did not let her see price tags) and we had a tough call since I could get the Kel-Tec for exactly halfof what the Kahr was going to cost - $320.00 vs. $640,.00.

Well I found a mislabeled brand new PM9 for $465.00 out the door including tax so we picked it up this past Saturday.

This PM9 is tiny for carry, and I love it. It's so slim and light that I can carry it inside my waistband,up front while at work for 10 hours straight and not even feel it digging or anything.

Pic of PM9 in my hand:

The "baby" Glock feels like an absolute BRICK compared to the PM9, and here's some pics I took to illustrate why:

Kahr with ultra hideous +1 mag:

Continuing post in next reply due to 6 image limit...

Page generated in 0.03247 seconds with 8 queries