View Single Post
Old January 21, 2010, 08:17 PM   #37
semi_problomatic

If everyone sleeps upstairs, and there's just one way to get up there...then you're golden pony-boy. Just make it impossible to get upstairs without you knowing. That idea of a kid gate with bells is brilliant. Unless you got the teenage mutant ninja turtles coming for you (haven't you seen TMNT 2? they took all those bells off that guy with no sound....creepy). Or if you want to go hi-tec and are uber paranoid, a battery powered motion dector. Someone walks in, it starts ringing. I'm sure they've got em with the speaker remoted to your room...if not then use some speaker wire and good old american enginuity.
Just get a friggen taser for upstairs. It don't matter how drugged you are when your body doesn't respond to your brain. But if they've made it that far you're pretty much SOL. Keep a can of mace or wasp spray close enough to reach. I mean this is all pretty simple stuff. Don't shoot upstairs with the gun. Simple. Just don't. Have an alternate method of dispatching the BG from a distance. Wasp spray is good for like 25' to 30'. Those CO2 powered tasers with the laser aim pointer. A bucket of hot pitch over the stairs with a remote control...(ok the last one is kinda extreme).
There's no well this MIGHT not go through the wall or well this isn't pointed at him EXACTLY. Do you know where every wall beam, nail, light switch, wire etc running through that wall is? If you really want a gun to use, look into that 410 pistol with the 1" barrel. That MIGHT not penetrate....
Be like taco bell, think outside the bun.

Page generated in 0.02848 seconds with 8 queries