View Single Post
Old June 1, 2011, 09:13 PM   #1
bedbugbilly

Pietta Stainless Remmie NMA - questions

O.K. - Doc, Hawg and all the rest of you clowns on here that shoot .44 have finally forced me to change my mind and step up from the 36s I love so much. I bought a Rogers & Spencer and then turned around and had a weak moment and bought a stainless Pietta NMA - I pick them up from the guy next week. The Pietta stainless was a "no brainer" - supposed to be "used" but actually is NIB - never shot. At $200, I wasn't about to pass it up even if I've never had a stainless before - there's a first time for everything. Now for a couple of questions -

1. What size ball is this one going to like best? I've heard .454 and .457. I'd like to stick to the same ball for the R & S and the NMA. Suggestions?

2. What have you (that have 'em) find is the best all round charge - I'm talking 3F Goex Black Powder?

3. Over powder felt wad or not? Any difference in where you hit with or without?

4. Although SS wouldn't have been my first choice - when Cabelas is selling the same pistol at $369.00 it didn't take much to convince me I needed to add this one to the herd. I thoroughly clean my pistols afer shooting - with this being SS, am I going to find it a lot easier to keep clean?

When I pick this one up and the R & S, I'll post photos. So far, work has delayed me getting over to get them - hopefully next Tuesday though. I have a feeling my Remmie 36 Navy is going to like her big brother. Thanks for any help/input/suggestions - greatly appreciated! BB
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03551 seconds with 8 queries