View Single Post
Old August 27, 2013, 09:29 PM   #5
Storm27m

I can't speak much for the scopes but I just bought my binoculars last year. I did a ton of searching and a lot of hands-on at local stores. One of the LEAST impressive pairs that I tried was the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD. They were horrible compared side by side to other binos in the price range. If I had to buy locally, I would have bought either the Vortex or the Leupold Mojave. In the end, I ordered a pair of Zen-Ray ED2's from Zen-Ray Optics based mostly off reputation and value for the price. I'm completely pleased with the purchase and have zero regrets. It helped that I was able to take advantage of their substantial (20%) LEO/military discount.

Maybe I was looking through a bum pair, but I can't believe how terrible the Bushnell's were. They were best compared to the sub-$100 binos on the rack. The lower end Vortex were better but not great. The Mojave's really impressed me for the price, especially with the edge-to-edge clarity. Of your two choices, I'd say Vortex. If you haven't done so already, go get some hands-on time at a local sporting goods store if you can.

Page generated in 0.04269 seconds with 8 queries