View Single Post
Old September 10, 2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Pahoo

Yes you can !!!

Quote:
Have you tried buying the plastic sabots and bullets separately and assembling your own? I know it can be done but don't know which individual components.
I wish I had a dollar for every time I recommend using cast lead bullets. I too buy my sabots and bullets separate. I never got caught up in buying them together as basically I'm cheap. Time after time I've see folks trying to get scoped in, using the higher priced spread and complaining about it. ...

I buy .44 or .45 lead cast "pistol" bullets in bulk of 500, in the 230 to 240grn range. Currently my hunter is a .50, so buy my sabots in bulk. I either get the 50/44 or 50/45 rated and don't mix them up or you will have loading problems. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I remove the lube from the cast bullets and make sure to wipe clean with solvent. Once I get sighted in and want to step up to a hotter hunting load, I can finish out with the Hornady XLP in 240 grn. However, I might add that I have had good performance with just the lead bullets. Most of the time, I put a bore button between the sabot and powder. ....

Oh yes, as mentioned, you can cast your own alloy pistol bullets and save even more. ....

Be Safe !!!

Last edited by Pahoo; September 10, 2012 at 11:53 AM.

Page generated in 0.04703 seconds with 9 queries