View Single Post
Old March 24, 2009, 10:20 AM   #112
ilbob

Quote:
Its called "we got caught with our pants down, dancing all over it, and someone can prove it, so we make their lives hell".

Thats what is it called.
yep.

sad part is the state can afford to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to convict someone that should never have been charged in the first place. the average citizen cannot afford to defend himself in court against the unlimited resources of the state.

they will probably end up having to take some kind of plea deal solely out of economic necessity. that is often the end result of these kind of cases. the cops will then claim they were vindicated.

I don't pretend to have an answer to these kind of situations other than to avoid them. That is why you should avoid any official encounter with LE at all. You just never know when it is going to go bad, and if it goes bad it is always worse for the LAC then for the government agent.

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Page generated in 0.03811 seconds with 8 queries