Thread: .243 for bear
View Single Post
Old February 16, 2012, 12:22 PM   #8
jgcoastie

.243 Win would be at the very bottom of my list of possible cartridges to take black bear hunting. And it's a long, long list, long enough that the .243 wouldn't ever have a single chance of ever going on a dedicated black bear hunt with me, ever. Most professional guides I know recommend a 7mm-08 as a minimum caliber for black bear. I normally listen to the people who hunt for a living when it comes to needing advice for any given species.

It wouldn't be within three counties of my list of possible cartridges for a brown bear hunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reoader22
i have read a few forums on the net about the 243 and who it isnt powerfull enough for bears i own one and have shot bears with it and they have all died.
I know people that have gone out on their boats without life jackets... Just because someone has done something, that don't exactly make it a good idea.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.03032 seconds with 8 queries