View Single Post
Old July 11, 1999, 11:17 PM   #1
WOLF

I am posing the following question:
If we take the current popularity in recommending the Trijicon/Reflex II site, and it's current popularity because of it's incorporation of a tritium light source with a forcasted life expectansy of 20yrs, and no need to replace batteries..
I can see why so many people think they are great, and recommend them to other firearms owners on these bulletin boards.

My Question is :
The idea is to choose a weapons platform to rely upon when a situation arises, and the SHTF, and taking the probable/possibilty of a well funded goverment agency might be looking for you.
Is it wise to have on your weapon a site that is powered by a radioactive light source that can be located quite easily, using the sophisticated surveilance equipment available to these organizations (ie- satilite tracking) or ground hand held units.),or easily developed in the near future ( the technology is available to construct them easily)..with this your location can be pinpointed quite quickly...and you can be tracked day or nite......(and I do not beleive we will be carrying pockets full of tritium pellets to create false echos by dispersing them to mask your actual location.
I see no great advantage over a battery powered, red dot-site.
If a conflict extends beyond a length of time, were your supply of replacement batteries is exhausted or your ability to aquire more is jeopordized. I do beleive you will have much more to worry about than the decision you made on which red-dot site or wich scope you chose to mount.

What do you think.?

Page generated in 0.03335 seconds with 8 queries