Thread: HK USP
View Single Post
Old October 11, 2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Webologist

USP well worth it

I've had a full size USP .45 for a few years now. It's a great gun and the one handgun I would have in my hand if something bad happened. With a few dozen trips to the range I've had no issues with it whatsoever. I wish I could say the same for my G19 which I also had high expectations for.

The high points of the USP are reliability and accuracy. The 3 dot tritium sights are awesome in the daylight or dark. They're bright even after it's sat in the safe for months.

I really like the flexibility of the safety system. You can carry it cocked and locked like an SA pistol or you can drop the hammer and carry it DA like a Glock. Maybe a few too many options for people new to it but I really like the flexibility. Trigger pull is good in SA mode but DA mode is not as slick as a Glock.

I can come up with only 3 negatives. It's kind of bulky for concealed carry. It could be more competitively priced. The one thing I would change is the magazine release. It's pretty easy to use from either side but it's quite small.

It's a great gun and I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

Regards,
-W-

Page generated in 0.02460 seconds with 8 queries