View Single Post
Old February 17, 2000, 05:14 PM   #1
Highpower1

I'm in the process of booking a spring bear hunt for May 21st - 26th in Quebec, Canada. There's a lot of stuff I'm needing to know, as this will be my first hunt for black bear and first hunt in Canada.

Here's what I know so far.

The hunt will be over bait (No preaching please, it will be legal).

It will be semi-guided as we'll just be shown where to go.

Lodging included - with no running water - shower house about 10 minutes away.

Now onto some questions.

What can I do now so that "Customs" won't be such a hassle?

I plan of bringing my Marlin 1895 .45-70 govt., which has been cut down to 16.5 inches. I've heard different answers to being allowed to bring this because of the barrel length.

I'm thinking along the lines of a 300gr flat-nosed bullet. Any suggestions pro/con on this pick for bullet?

The Black flies, anything I can do to avoid them (with the exception of not going).

Being that time of year, what can I expect with the temperatures? What's the mornings/evenings like?

What stuff do I need to pack for bear? I've never been so I have no idea if my whitetail gear would be enough.

What would be a standard tip for the guide, providing we both get bears?

I'll be flying into Buffalo, N.Y. on the 21st and then renting a car to drive the rest of the way. I'll be going to the Danford Lake area, near Quebec Canada.

There's alot more questions, some I can't think of right now, but any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Highpower1

------------------
No King is saved by the size of his army, No warrior excapes by his great strength alone.

Page generated in 0.02502 seconds with 8 queries