View Single Post
Old July 20, 2012, 01:28 PM   #17
kraigwy

Muscle memory: Anytime muscle memory includes proper marksmanship fundamentals its good. (Sight alignment, grip, trigger control, etc etc)

Muscle Memory is developed in the sub-conscience where you act (in this case revert to your marksmanship fundamentals) whether you release it or not.

If you shoot in competition, and practice your fundamentals regularly, then they will be instilled in such case you might need it in a SD or LE situation.

In the book, "Secrets of Mental Marksmanship" by Linda Miller and Keith Cunningham, they relate a story of a State trooper who made a traffic stop, the driver shot the trooper, according to the trooper, the next thing he knew was he was changing magazines and scanning left and right. The bad guy was dead.

The trooper was an ISPC shooter.

I highly recommend the above book to any one who is interested in shooting regardless if its pleasure, competition, hunting, or SD.

Or any other sport. I use it working with my granddaughter for her basketball and volleyball. She swears it has helped her.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03943 seconds with 8 queries