View Single Post
Old February 21, 2013, 06:52 PM   #47
Slamfire

Quote:
Just a short history lesson. 'Twas written in past tense; "the way things were years ago." I've no control over how one interprets it purpose. If anyone thinks it is bad advice, then that's fine by me. Then perhaps they won't single-round load Garands that way.
Sorry if I sounded as too much "Old Testament Fire and Brimstone"

The military ammunition used in those years is basically gone. US military NM and ball ammunition made for the Garand was made by people who understood the rifles operating characteristics and made ammunition with the proper powder, pressures and primers.

Commercial ammunition is not made by people who understand the operating characteristics of Garands and is made by entities only interested in maximizing their profit.

Back in the day, in Government Owned and Government Operated ammunition plants, if the QA inspector rejected a lot, yes he had to prove it was out of spec, but the production manager got yelled at for wasting Government money. Today, if the QA inspector rejects a lot, yes he has to prove it was out of spec, but Corporate calls down, tells the inspector he is costing the company profit, and that if he keeps on rejecting product, he can be replaced.

One has to be more careful and thoughtful when loading Garands with commercial ammunition and primers.

I have heard horseburger is real popular in Europe these days. It comes in a package labeled "Beef burgers".

Page generated in 0.02220 seconds with 8 queries