View Single Post
Old July 3, 2013, 01:20 PM   #2
BigJimP

I don't own one....but my observations...

I see a few of them around - not necessarily that model...but the model you're looking at has an alloy receiver and in a 30" barrel its only a shade over 7 lbs...so its light.../ but being a gas gun, it should shoot fairly softly.

On a clays gun....for an all around gun / for Sporting clays, 5 Stand and Skeet....I think it'll be fine ( its a similar spec in terms of weight to the Benelli Super Sport models - which I have ) ....and in a gun that light, I'd sure go with the 30" barrel so the gun isn't too whippy...making you slap at targets vs getting a smooth follow thru. To my 12ga version of the Benelli Super Sport - I will often add 8 oz under the forend ( I use lead golfers tape)...and 8 oz inside the stock ...being careful so I don't change the balance point on the gun ...but I like it a lot better at 8.5 lbs than I do at 7.25 lbs.../ to prevent it from being to "whippy".

In terms of reliability ...I own a lot of Browning shotguns ...and I've never had an issue with any of them / and I don't hear any bad things at my club about any of the Browning / Winchester semi-autos ....either the Maxus or the Silver - or Gold series ( that they used to make in 12ga)...

Page generated in 0.02193 seconds with 8 queries