View Single Post
Old February 23, 2009, 08:04 AM   #10
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
its too dark to see the sights, and looking thru a red dot all you see is the dot.
I've had the same thing happen with tritium sights. When you get way out in the country and your eyes get adjusted to the ambient light, that tritium can be bright enough that it messes with your ability to see targets that you could see if you just had a white or gold dot on the front sight.

I haven't had the problem with Eotechs or Aimpoints though. On both of those, I just dial the illumination down and since they adjust down to levels that even a PVS-14 can use, I can tone them down to where they don't interfere with my eyesight at night.

I am guessing you don't get a whole lot of range, even at night with the laser - though I suppose if you are hunting hogs/what-have-you with eyesight at night, you probably aren't shooting too far to begin with

Quote:
Hogs may not return fire, but I am sure that they can see a moving point of light.
Yes, I am curious about that too. Hogs strike me as fairly smart animals. Do you get any reaction from them when they see the laser?

Page generated in 0.02070 seconds with 8 queries