View Single Post
Old March 10, 2013, 07:06 PM   #1
jimpeel

Gun ownership down across the board

This study merely shows that the population is growing faster than the number of firearms. Most of that growth is likely in population centers -- such as New York and California --where firearms ownership is most restricted. In those places people find the hassle of trying to own a firearm just not worth the hassle. Waiting periods for ownership, FIDs, being listed on criminal databases, registration, etc. likely have much to do with any decline in ownership.

In addition, if I were called or sent a survey I would deny firearm ownership. It is none of their business how many firearms, couches, or refrigerators I own.

SOURCE

Quote:
U.S. gun ownership down almost across the board, survey says

Posted on: 3:21 pm, March 10, 2013, by Web Staff, updated on: 03:23pm, March 10, 2013

DENVER — The gun ownership rate of the United States has dropped significantly during the past 40 years, a new national survey shows.

Perhaps most surprisingly, gun ownership is down across many regions and demographics. It has declined in urban and rural areas, among households with and without children, among religious people and non-religious people. It has even declined in the South and Mountain West states, areas that had previously been thought of as strongholds of gun ownership.

<MORE>

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey

Page generated in 0.03698 seconds with 8 queries