View Single Post
Old February 11, 2014, 10:44 PM   #18
darkgael

Reasonable

Quote:
When working on my handgun marksmanship, I'll shoot anywhere from 50ft to 50 yards, using the appropriate bullseye target (i.e. B-2 @ 50ft, B-6 @ 50 yards, etc).

My standard reply is that good (but not excellent) handgun marksmanship is an honest and consistent 3" at 25 yards. That's 5 rounds, shot unsupported and without time constraints using a reasonably accurate service-sized pistol. Revolver shooters ought to be able to do this in single and double action. "Honest" means everything counts - no "fliers" dismissed - and "consistent" means that ±3" is your norm, not a once in a lifetime event.

3"@25 is far and away better than anything you'll likely see at your local range, but that's a pretty low bar. OTOH, 3"@25 won't win you any metals at the olympics, either, but it's certainly achievable by the average Joe shooter with dedication, practice and a little instruction.
This^^^^^!

Page generated in 0.02824 seconds with 8 queries