View Single Post
Old March 11, 2013, 01:40 PM   #8
Ronbert

I'd use FMJ data for FMJ bullet. The jacket friction is what matters if the weight is the same. Your OALs may come out different but since you're going to start at the low end it won't matter much.

There is a pretty wide range of loads from starting to maximum in the 45ACP and 45ACP is a pretty low pressure cartridge so you have safety margins helping you if you start low and work up.

Don't make too many rounds to begin with. You might find your starting loads won't even fully cycle the gun.

Heed any warnings that might apply to Titegroup about going below minimums.

Copied from Hodgdon's load data page:
230 GR. HDY FMJ FP Hodgdon Titegroup .451" 1.200" 4.4 744 15,000 CUP 4.8 818 16,700 CUP

They are all listed as 230gr flat points. Fine. The weight and jacketing is what matters most. Seat your bullets to the maximum that will feed and start with lowest charge weight & you'll be fine.

I see that other webpages that used to be free with their data are now charging so it isn't as easy as I thought to get the data. (sorry about that!)

Last edited by Ronbert; March 11, 2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: checked Hodgdon's data page

Page generated in 0.03132 seconds with 8 queries