View Single Post
Old July 23, 2009, 02:09 PM   #18
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
You're willing to take that kind of chance with your life?
It is far more likely that the person is a genuine police officer than not. The real chance you are taking is fighting. If someone approaches me that looks like a cop and gives me orders like a cop, I'm going to ASSUME that they are a cop, even if I don't like the way I'm treated. Besides that, a person would have to go to serious lengths to look identical to local LE. I know the uniforms and I know the cars. The situation of a convincing "fake" cop is so remotely unlikely that acting in any other way exposes you to FAR more risk than does compliance.

Especially in this situation, it could easily be seen, in short order, that the person arrived in a police car. They weren't alone in the middle of the desert, there was 4 or 5 people at a convenience store.

Quote:
We'll remind you to say that again when it's your wife that's happening to and see if we get the same.
My wife and I won't leave the scene of an accident. My wife and I won't argue with or resist a police officer. If, in some far off fantasy land, my wife is in a confrontation with a belligerent police officer, I most certainly will not be shooting at him.

I am NOT defending this mans actions. He should be fired, no doubt. However, not leaving the scene of an accident and complying with law enforcement instructions would have gone a long way to preventing or mitigating this scenario.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; July 23, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.03751 seconds with 8 queries