View Single Post
Old November 5, 2012, 11:07 PM   #38
gak

Sarge said: "Seriously? Hmmm.....wonder what my 1957 model 94 would be worth."
Gaseousclay said;
"I'm quite serious, unless of course the person bidding on the Win 94 was a shill bidder. I usually see less than pristine pre-64's going for around $800 or so. Winchester 9422's seem to fetch about $700-800 these days."

I'm actually between Gaseousclay and Sarge on this--but probably closer to Sarge for most Pre 64s. Gaseousclay, where is "tundra" - Alaska? That might skew the market/availability a bit? Also different "eras" of Pre 64 can be a factor. Pre War (which is technically Pre 64 but few but some "purist" (in semantics) collectors use it as such, but most give it its own subset) are definitely up there and beyond for decent examples. OTOH, "average" post war--what most consider "Pre 64"--examples can be readily had down in the $500 territory in most (or at least many) markets, and really decent examples beteen that and $750.
Gaseous, like Sarge wondering about his '57, if you're right, I've got some Pre 64s I need to consider selling! A check on local Backpage ads might also give a "closer-to'reality" check on average Pre 64s. As someone else suggested, what some are asking on GB and what they're actually selling for (there or elsewhere) eventually can be two drastically different things. I agree the prices are up in many areas, but not $1,200 (sold) unless it's NIB or darn close (and I may be wrong even about that), not for a late 1940s-1964 gun IMHO.

Last edited by gak; November 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.04285 seconds with 8 queries