View Single Post
Old March 10, 2010, 01:53 AM   #2
AirForce2

Taurus TCP Range Test

Overall I'm happy with this gun and here are my observations and opinions. Your's may differ and I'm not trying to say good or bad here.

-75 rds of winchester 95 gr FMJ flat nose and 12 rds buffalo bore 95 gr FMJ flat nose

-no failure to feed or extract but did have several hit me in the forehead, got home & looked like I'd been in a cat fight w/4 black marks and a small bloody cut, oh well.

-Accuracy at 10 yds no problem keeping a 3 inch baseball group. Good accuracy up to 15, but at 25 yds of 4 rds aimed at center high chest, 2 rds missed just left off the body about crotch high and 2 hit right above belt line but left. The group was not bad but the gun shot lower & left more than I'd like. Test your setup at 25yds so you know what to expect. This gun shoots about one inch left and 1 inch low for me and I'm a bad mo fo with a pistol. Since I think under quick shot duress most righties will shoot low & left anyway, this will just make it worse. I hate fixed sights.

-For each shot is double action, it's one of the lightest & smoothest triggers you'll get.

-recoil on double taps at 7-10 yds is fine with regular ammo but buffalo bore, good luck with that. I've done a lot of double taps in my days and started off competition with a full load dan wesson 6 inch 44 mag and could beat people that shot 38's & 357's but the buffalo bore humbled me on the accurate quick 2nd shot double tap.

-Had several times (70% plus) with 2 mags the slide locked open before the last round fed. This is due to the mag follower hitting the slide lock ledge as the last round pops up to the feed lips. I could see the bullets were always hitting the slide stop each time they pop up to the feed lips anyway since the stop sticks way out. I cut most of this ledge off and will use the manual lock if needed. Now I know why some tiny guns don't have the slide lock back after last round. Even though the gun locked open after the last round, I could never get to the last round and it made my gun a 5 shot versus 6. The slide lock is kinda hard to use any since there's no meat on the button.

-Not a big fan of the chamber loaded indicator and feel it can contribute to failure to feeds because it sits about halfway up the extractor groove, has sharp 90 degree edges and did have problems firmly hand cycling, but no issue during live fire.

This is an all the time carry gun to me even better than my taurus 85 ultralite. Not bad for the price, but does have a few items that taurus QA should have caught and done a little better at in a few design areas. Not bad for a special purpose gun.

Page generated in 0.02379 seconds with 8 queries