View Single Post
Old June 13, 2013, 02:47 AM   #3
JimmyR

If you are going to an indoor range, most will require the gun to be secured in some fashion. My indoor range asks that guns be 1) holstered, 2) cased, or 3) carried with the action open and locked back. Your range may have different rules, but I am guessing similar.

Personally, if you just don't want to get a holster, then I would carry the gun in a pistol box/gun rug. A rug can be purchased for <$10, and would probably be better for your gun. My LGS sells them for $4, and they can easily be found at WalMart, Bass Pro Shop, Cabellas, and other retail stores with half a sportin goods dept.

ETA: Almost missed THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike19
I'm going to transport the pistol in a locked case which I will open inside the range.
Why then would you carry the gun into the range, open the box, stick the gun in your waistband, and carry an empty box. Just keep the gun in the box until you get ready to shoot, take it out in the bay, shoot, and return it to the box. The additional handling of your gun seems unnecessary, especially in an open commerical environment.

Page generated in 0.03233 seconds with 8 queries