View Single Post
Old May 24, 2012, 12:56 PM   #13
mikld

Lately I've seen a lot of posts about "dirty" powders. I dunno what folks expect. I've never had a gun fail because of "dirty" powder (I've used a lot of Bullseye and Unique in revolvers and semi-autos) and all my guns get cleaned after use. I'm more concerned with which powder preforms the best for my chosen bullet and use. I have a briefcase that I take to the range (or country) when I go shooting. In it I have a couple small hand towels, some baby butt wipes, chewing gum, along with tools, targets, and misc. stuff I may need. I also usually have a bottle of water with me. If my hands get sooty after 100-200 rounds or so, a quick wipe with the towel or b. wipe solves that, or pour some water on my hands and wipe dry. I don't wear a suit when I go to the range and I expect dust and gun smoke/residue to be in the air and some will get on me (that's what CSI looks for on your hands/clothes to see if you just shot the good guy).

Anyway, I've heard/read that Universal, being close to Unique, burns "cleaner". And most powders will burn "cleaner" with mid to heavy loads rather than low pressure reduced loads (for the given powder).

Page generated in 0.02400 seconds with 8 queries