View Single Post
Old September 7, 2004, 09:12 PM   #3
Kimber_Man

I looked at a few views of the Uberti 36 cal.Paterson and yes I see what your talking about, sorry I do not have a solution. I am interested to find out how you do load it. Perhaps your useing too large of balls, maybe it is supposed to sink into the cylinder further before you use the loading lever. Read your owners manual and make sure your useing proper diameter balls, it may need smaller ones. Although my 1860 and every other C&B revolver I have had or shot has a nice tight fit and balls would not slip into cylinder, maybe the paterson is different, I dont see any other way it could work. There just isnt enough room for the ball to fit. Consult the manufacturer and maybe someone can help here. Or maybe balls must be started with a seperate rod first. Other than that, I have no idea. I havent had any expierence with 36. cal cap-n-ball, or a peterson for that matter. Everything I have said is pure speculation. Ask the manufacturer or email VTIgunparts, they have responded quickly to my emails in the past. They might be willing to tell ya how to do it.

Gunsmither,
Here is a Link to VTIgunparts with a exploaded view and photo of the Uberti paterson. You might be right about the "ramming" but that just seems strange. To ram a chunk of lead through. Maybe the flange would prevent ball "boogering" your idea still sounds better than what I came up with........

What ever you come up with, keep us posted I am curious to know how it goes.

Last edited by Kimber_Man; September 7, 2004 at 09:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.02391 seconds with 8 queries