View Single Post
Old February 23, 2011, 11:57 AM   #8
PawPaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by parttime
I tumble lubed the 9mm with the XLOX lube from White Label lube Co. I then loaded 25 of them to test as soon as I can. What a stickey D#&^ mess!!!!
Did you let it dry? After tumble lubing, I normally let the bullets dry on waxed paper overnight, or 24 hours, depending on the weather. Then load as usual.

Quote:
Do you guys take the extra painfull time to wipe the excess lube off the exposed bullets, or do you fire as is? It seems that without cleaning them they would gum up everthing.
No, I've never felt the need to wipe the lube off the bullet nose. Once it dries, it's stuck. I've never found that it gums up anything.

The technique I've come up with is to use zipper-bags. I put a handful of bullets in the zipper bag, squirt a little Alox in the bag, then seal it and knead it until the bullets are covered. Then I open the bag and pour the bullets on a sheet of waxed paper to dry. The next day, they can be stored for later use or loaded immediately.

If I'm applying a gas check, I'll lube them as normal, wait 24 hours, then run them through the sizer to apply the gas check. I then re-tumble the bullets in alox again, let them dry again, and store them. In effect, I'm coating the bullet twice.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com

Page generated in 0.04134 seconds with 8 queries