View Single Post
Old June 20, 2008, 09:25 AM   #26
nemoaz

Quote:
The alternate way it could go down is you draw down on the guy and he lays down in surrender. Then you hold him for the cops. No citizen's arrest needed.
Your legal analysis is flawed and shallow. This could easily be regarded as a citizen's arrest or, according to the scumbag's attorney, an illegal detention/false arrest or kidnapping. (Kidnapping usually requires asportation- meaning moving the person.)

Your (the whole thread not the poster in particular) knee jerk reaction to citizen's arrest is probablematic in my view. Citizen's arrest should be encouraged. This is exactly what should be happening in our streets, instead of these video beatings with thousands of people walking by and ignoring the situation.

I think everyone is hung up on the thought of walking up and saying "I'm making a citizen's arrest. Stop in the name of the law!" Those words aren't necessary to initiate a citizen's arrest. Holding someone using force or threat of force (implied or not) is probably a citizen's arrest. If it were not, you'd be committing a crime when you do these things.

Yes, carrying a gun for defense and-- God-forbid-- being forced to either use it for defense or to arrest someone does create some legal liability. Better to put on some birkenstocks and walk around unarmed? You make the choice. In my view. CCW laws, Castle doctrines, defense of property, and citizen's arrest laws all go hand in hand in our efforts to take our country back from the criminals coddled by the left and liberal judges.

Page generated in 0.02599 seconds with 8 queries