View Single Post
Old December 7, 2012, 06:52 PM   #2
orionengnr

I have not read the referenced thread, so I'm not sure I am taking the context correctly, but...

In my opinion, with the proper practice and instruction, the average shooter can become proficient with most any well designed, quality handgun.

That said, some people are drawn to a certain design and "click" with it. In my case, the fist handgun I ever fired was my dad's WWII 1911, when I was about 8 years old. I did not fire it more than probably three-four rounds total. He sold it shortly thereafter, and my folks split up not so much later (maybe she booted him for selling the 1911 ). I didn't pick up another handgun until I joined the USN in 1977...and guess what that was?

Again, I only fired the few familiarization rounds, and again didn't pick up another gun for another five years or so.

When I went to buy my own first handgun, guess which way I went?

Since then I have bought/tried/carried/sold a bunch of different designs. What do I shoot best? Take a guess.

What do I shoot second best? Surprisingly (to me) an S&W K/L/N-frame. I had only shot a revolver a couple of times, long ago, and neither experience was very positive. However, in the last ten years I have owned several and like them quite a bit. Just goes to show, life can take some strange turns.

Hope this helps.
Best regards, Rich

Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 8 queries