View Single Post
Old September 1, 2012, 11:10 AM   #37
dgludwig

Quote:
Basically, I find that the "whats your life worth" argument pointless and counter productive. It tends to come off as condescending or uninformed.
In the context of deciding on which kind of gun to get to defend your life, whether you're poor or rich, I'm not getting why it's being "condescending or uninformed" to ask the question "what's your life worth" as a yardstick for making an informed choice. As the oldest of seven children living on the edge of poverty for all of my childhood, Marine, I can match your "sob story" with my sob story every year of my life growing up. But when it came time to get and decide on what kind of house insurance to get, my father made sure we had the right kind, even if beans became a menu staple, because he knew that in the event of a fire or some other catastrophe, "what's your home worth" was a valid question. Likewise, when choosing a firearm to be used for self-defense, I think it's entirely appropriate to ask the question: What's your life worth?

Page generated in 0.02955 seconds with 8 queries